7th ADB International Skills Forum: Anticipating and Preparing for Emerging Skills and Jobs
12 - 14 December 2017
ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
This year’s theme, Anticipating and Preparing for Emerging Skills and Jobs, will take a holistic approach to different types of skills that employers are looking for and how the education and training systems are responding to rapidly changing requirements in light of the fourth industrial revolution. The forum will highlight the importance of different types of skills (cognitive, noncognitive, and occupational) as well as lifelong learning needs to improve life choices of increasingly mobile workforce that expects to have more careers in a world of longer working life and changing definition of jobs.
During the event, participants will have the opportunity to:
- showcase transformational practices to equip the youth with employable and life skills;
- bring together representatives from government, private sector and other partners involved in education and training to showcase innovative good practices; and
- inspire experts and developing member countries’ counterparts, and promote collaboration between key stakeholders to incorporate new approaches and technologies to design and implement innovative projects and programs in education and training.
From ADB member countries:
- government officials working in education, finance, and planning
- NGOs and civil society organizations
- government officials
- embassy and/or trade commissioners
- think-tanks, institutes, academia, and centers of excellence
- development partners
The forum will include a select number of international keynote speakers and a number of presentations from thinkers, practitioners, and entrepreneurs, highlighting how the private and public sectors are contributing to skills development in preparing workforce needs, and demonstrating cross-sector collaboration.
How to register
Registration is now closed.
While attendance to the event is free, ADB does not cover travel and accommodation expenses of participants.