ADB’s Asian Youth Forum annually celebrates young people’s role as partners and beneficiaries to identify, demonstrate, and establish their unique and valuable role in advancing development throughout Asia and the Pacific. The 7th Asian Youth Forum (AYF7) will be held on 12–14 August 2019 in ADB headquarters in Manila, Philippines guided by the theme “Establish, Equip, Engage: Youth for 2030 and Beyond”.
AYF7 will bring together 350 youth from civil society organizations, educational institutions, and representatives from government institutions and regional bodies in Asia and the Pacific. The three-day event will feature a series of keynotes, panel discussions, and capacity-building workshops for delegates to work with ADB staff.
The delegates will also have the opportunity to network with ADB staff and project officers, experts from think-tanks, government, private sector, civil society organizations, and fellow youth peers from youth-driven organizations.
The following are the objectives of the 7th Asian Youth Forum:
- Build youth capacity in policy advocacy and implementation of youth-led projects supporting development issues;
- Co-design youth components in ADB projects using ADB and Youth for Asia-researched youth engagement methods and tools;
- Introduce Youth for Asia’s Youth Employment Solutions, and the next steps for the Incheon Youth Declaration on the Future of Work;
- Share best practices on youth engagement with stakeholders such as international financial institutions (IFIs), governments, private sector, and civil society organizations, and strengthen existing systems and frameworks for engaging youth organizations.
- Representatives from youth and youth-led organizations, youth engagement professionals from multilateral organizations, IFIs and civil society organizations;
- Must be between 18–30 years old;
- Should be interested in international development;
- Should be willing to demonstrate active participation in activities during the event;
- Must be culturally sensitive, adaptable, and bring diversity to the event.
How to register
By invitation only.
Event organizers / partners
- Plan International
- AIESEC International
- Asia Pacific Youth Exchange