7th OECD-AMRO-ADB-ADBI-ERIA Asian Regional Roundtable on Macroeconomic and Structural Policies
18 - 19 June 2019
ERIA, Jakarta, Indonesia
This roundtable is a T20 Japan associated event.
Time of event
Day 1: 9:30–16:30
Day 2: 9:00–12:15
Decreasing revenue and increasing expenditures due to population aging in developed Asian countries presents a major challenge to their fiscal sustainability. It also spotlights the serious fiscal burden the region’s developing countries with younger populations and less advance social protection systems could face in the long-term and corresponding need for improved social integration and sustainable development.
Co-organized by ADBI, the OECD, ASEAN+3 Macroeconomic Research Office, ADB, and Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia, this roundtable will examine the impact of aging populations on fiscal sustainability and the economic outlook. The event will also assess the development of appropriate policy responses to fiscal challenges arising from population aging.
- To evaluate the impact of aging populations on fiscal sustainability and the economic outlook
- To exchange broad perspectives on formulating appropriate macroeconomic policy responses to population aging
Policy makers and leading experts from Asia and OECD member countries
- Deepened understanding of fiscal sustainability challenges due to population aging based on the sharing of different country experiences
- Enhanced dialogue, trust, and partnership among government officials and experts on key issues related to aging populations and their implications for fiscal sustainability
- Dissemination of policy recommendations from the Think20 (T20) Japan policy task force on the economic effects of population aging + immigration
How to register
By invitation only
The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA), ASEAN+3 Macroeconomic Research Office (AMRO), and Asian Development Bank (ADB)