Time of event
The Annual International Forum on Economic Development (AIFED) is a Fiscal Policy Agency annual event that brings together policymakers, economists, academics, and private sector representatives to discuss various key economic and development issues, particularly those facing Indonesia.
The 8th AIFED will explore the structural economic transformation of Indonesia in the context of the changing global landscape. The presentations will examine the evolution of the global economy in recent years, its implications for emerging economies, the impact on the achievement of the development agenda, and challenges faced by policymakers.
- To have experts assess the impacts of structural and technological change on economic development, including the impacts on productivity, growth, and inequality
- For the participants from newer Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) member states (Cambodia, the Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Myanmar, and Viet Nam) to gain from the lessons learned from Indonesia’s experience in developing sustainable and inclusive economic strategies in response to the current global and national economic landscapes
- Senior and mid-level officials from government agencies from four ASEAN countries, i.e., Cambodia, the Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Myanmar, and Viet Nam, working on themes related to the event
- Two officials from each country will be invited.
- Shared knowledge and experiences of developing sustainable and inclusive economic strategies that can respond to the global economic landscape and capitalize on each country’s potential
- Key lessons and best practices learned from economic reforms to escape the middle-income trap in the context of the fast-changing global landscape
- Fostering regional cooperation and coordination on these issues
How to register
By invitation only
Ministry of Finance, Indonesia, Asian Development Bank, and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance, Australian GovernmentStay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.