Good governance is now widely accepted as a key factor in how countries can reduce poverty and promote inclusive growth. Most of ADB’s Developing Member Countries (DMCs) are embarking on policy and program reforms as well as capacity development to enhance governance and public sector management. As stated in ADB’s Asia 2050 report—governance across a range of dimensions, and across Asia and the Pacific, is vital in determining whether a DMC can reduce poverty, accelerate development, and foster inclusive growth.
Despite the recognized importance of good governance and effective public management for achieving country- and sector-level development results, capacity in governance remains weak across Asia. This weakness constrains domestic resource mobilization, central and local government relations, private sector development, and other essential aspects of development. To reduce poverty and achieve inclusive growth, it is essential to improve the capacity for sound development of agencies and organizations engaged in development.
- To promote policy and program reforms as well as develop capacity to enhance governance and public sector management in ADB’s Developing Member Countries (DMCs).
- To help participants:
- Appreciate how governance reforms contribute to the sustainable development of countries;
- Share knowledge of key governance and public sector management reform possibilities;
- Gain practical insights into reforms in different areas of governance - how they are conducted in different countries and what can be learned and applied in one's own country context and through projects and programs;
- Examine governance risks and ways to mitigate them; and
- Develop professional networks and linkages among practitioners and researchers in the specific areas of governance and public sector management.
About 20 senior government officials, and up to 10 external experts to support the training. Speakers will also be drawn from ADBI, ADB HQ, KDI, and others.
Actively join discussions and share views and experiences.
- The realm of governance and public sector management, especially at the sectoral level;
- The operating environment of governance and public sector management programs in DMCs;
- Core concepts and their applications in public financial management, legal, and regulatory frameworks, public-private partnerships, decentralization, institutional capacity development, corporate governance, e-governance, etc.;
- The application of approaches needed to carry out relevant assessments related to governance and public sector management (e.g., on governance risks, public financial management, political economy analysis, capacity development, sector operational risks); and
- The governance and public sector management reform process in DMCs and how they can be furthered.
How to register
By invitation only.
Governance Thematic Group, ADB HQ, Korea Local Information Research & Development Institute (KLDI), Korea Development Institute (KDI), annd United Nations Project Office on Governance (UNPOG)
Time of event
09:00 - 17:00Stay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.