During the last 10 years, ADB annually organized a Business Opportunities Fair in Manila as a forum for consultants, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers, and civil society organizations interested in providing goods, works, consulting and non-consulting services for ADB projects. This year, due to disruptions caused by COVID-19 and travel restrictions, organizing in-person events became unfeasible. With the aim to continue ADB engagement with consultants, contractors, manufacturers and other interested parties, ADB's Procurement, Portfolio and Financial Management Department (PPFD) in close collaboration with Department of Communications (DOC), Information Technology Department (ITD), Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department (SDCC) and operations departments will be organizing this virtual launch event. Recognizing the increased demand expressed by participants of the virtual business opportunities seminars conducted since June 2020, this event has included additional information on ADB projects and business opportunities available during this pandemic period.
During the webinar, participants will have the opportunity to:
- meet virtually with ADB staff responsible for procurement, consulting services, project management, as well as sector specialists.
- discover procurement procedures and how to access to business opportunities.
- hear presentations and practical cases on addressing COVID-19 impact at project preparation and implementation stages.
- understand Strategy 2030 response to COVID-19 in the health, urban, water, energy, transport, and education sectors.
- discover procurement procedures related to COVID-19 and where to find COVID-19 related opportunities.
- find out what’s new at the procurement website.
At the end of the webinar, participants will have:
- discovered the advantages of ADB-financed contracts.
- learned how to access to business opportunities and maximize chances of getting contracts.
- understood ADB response to COVID-19, ADB's policies and procedures adapted for the COVID-19 pandemic and related opportunities.
- received information on the enhanced procurement website.
- NGOs and civil society organizations
- government officials
- embassies/trade commissioners
- think-tanks, institutes, academia, and centers of excellence
ADB representatives from PPFD and regional departments will participate in a high level panel event with external speakers from executing agency, contractors, consultants.
ADB procurement specialists will give an update on doing business with ADB and on ADB’s procurement system and procedures, and where to find COVID-19 linked opportunities.
ADB sector specialists will do brief presentations on Strategy 2030 and ADB’s response to COVID-19 and discuss upcoming ADB business opportunities.
Rustam ABDUKAYUMOV (Mr.)
Director, Procurement Division 2, PPFD
Stephane BESSADI (Mr.)
Business Opportunities Outreach Event Launch Team Lead
Senior Procurement Specialist, PPFD
Julian Alexander DOCZI (Mr.)
Procurement Website Enhancement Team Lead
Procurement Specialist, PPFD
Marie Charmaine “Apple” YUSON (Ms),
Clarissa SANTOS (Ms.),
Jhoanna “Gigi” QUIMSON (Ms.)