ADB will hold a series of gender-related activities throughout the month of March to raise awareness around SDG 5, the Sustainable Development Goal dedicated to gender equality and women's empowerment. ADB will be celebrating the International Women's Day on 8 March. For more information, view the Gender month events.
The month-long activities will:
- promote gender equality and women’s empowerment in the work culture and environment
- provide an understanding of ADB’s institutional commitment to gender mainstreaming
- demonstrate the benefits of gender mainstreaming to greater operational effectiveness and key ADB Gender Policy
- raise awareness on progress achieved in Asia and the Pacific during the MDG period and the commitments made in the new Sustainable Development Goals Framework, especially under SDG 5.
- Mr. Klaus Beck, Country Representative, United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Philippines (4 March);
- Dr. Howard Sobel, Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health Programme Coordinator, WHO Western Pacific Regional Office (4 March);
- Mr. Juan Antonio Alvardo "Jeepy" Perez, III Executive Director, Philippines Commission on Population (4 March);
- Ms. Rose Azcuna, Health Monitoring and Evaluation Expert and ADB Consultant (4 March);
- Ms. Jamela Alindogan, Al Jazeera Correspondent (4 March).
- Ms. Rhodora Palomar-Fresnedi, Executive Director of Unilab Foundation and Business Head of Unilab International (8 March);
- Dame Meg Taylor, Secretary General of the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat and the current Pacific Oceans Commissioner and member of the UN Every Woman Every Child High Level Advisory Group (18 March);
- Ms. Ambie Abano, Filipino artist (1 - 31 March);
- Ms. Nadia Kondratiev, French artist, illustrator and cartoonist (1 - 31 March).
View speakers' profiles.
ADB Management and staff, as well as external participants from the academe, government and civil society.