ADB will hold two high-level events throughout the month of March reaffirming its commitment to gender equality and women’s empowerment. ADB will be celebrating International Women's Day on 8 March.
The two events will:
- showcase the importance of gender equality and women’s empowerment for sustainable development;
- highlight ADB’s institutional commitment to gender mainstreaming and promoting women’s voice and agency; and
- demonstrate the benefits of gender mainstreaming to greater operational effectiveness and key ADB Gender Policy.
ADB Management and staff, as well as external participants (by invitation) from the academe, government and civil society
- Fiame Naomi Mata'afa, Deputy Prime Minister of Samoa and Minister of Natural Resources and Environment, 8 March
- Helen Clark, former Prime Minister of New Zealand, former UNDP Administrator, 16 March
While attendance to the event is free, ADB does not cover travel and accommodation expenses of participants.Stay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.