ADB’s Trade Finance Program (TFP) will have its first Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) Financial Sector and Trade Finance Conference on 18–19 January 2018 at Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand. Delegates from ADB member countries of Cambodia, People’s Republic of China, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Thailand, and Viet Nam are invited. The conference will convene trade finance bank professionals and senior managers together with officials from the central banks and government ministries from these countries. The aim is to exchange ideas and discuss issues that are relevant to the region’s financial sector with a focus on trade finance. It is designed to be an interactive experience for participants where contributions and questions from the audience are encouraged.
- Overview of the banking sector in the GMS: financial performance, progress on governance and risk management and implementation of the Basel regulatory framework, based on TFP membership in the region
- Supply chain finance and its importance to the GMS region
- An introduction to the Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation, an online source of open, standardized and high quality legal entity reference data, backed by the G20
- Fintech and its potential for international trade finance with presentations by R3 and ANZ Royal Bank
- SWIFT Know-Your-Client (KYC) Registry—its features and benefits to banks in developing Asia
- The value of trade finance in a banking business and how to reach an untapped client base
- An introduction to the Credit Guarantee and Investment Facility (CGIF)—an ADB trust fund helping to establish local currency bond markets in ASEAN
- Current issues and developments in unsecured lending in the region. A panel discussion is to follow this presentation in which conference delegates are invited to participate. Please indicate your interest in being a panel member when confirming attendance.
The presentations will be conducted in English by highly experienced practitioners in trade sales, operations, and financial sector due diligence. The program will start at 9:00 AM and finish at around 4:30 PM on each day.
Boo Hock Khoo
Credit Guarantee and Investment Facility (CGIF), ADB
Trade Finance Program (TFP), ADB
Supply Chain Finance Program (SCFP), ADB
Business and Finance Consulting
Global Legal Entity Identifier Foundation (GLEIF)
Joseph M. Lovell
Sciaroni & Associates
Geertjan van Bochove
Read speakers profiles.
Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel
Address: 155 Rajadamri Road, Pathumwan 10330 Bangkok, Thailand
Tel. No.: +66 (0) 2 126 8866
Hotel Contact: Praoranuch Saengchote (Gift)
By invitation only.
Should you have further inquiries, please email Clarissa Laysa.Stay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.