ADB announced the creation of an Asia Pacific Tax Hub in September 2020. Following this announcement, ADB officially launched the Tax Hub at the 54th ADB Annual Meeting in May 2021. The Tax Hub is envisioned to serve as an open and inclusive platform for strategic policy dialogue, knowledge sharing, and development coordination among ADB, its members, and development partners.
This Regional (virtual) Tax Conference to be held on 24-25 November 2021 will serve as the first organizational event of the Tax Hub. The conference aims to acknowledge the core role of the Tax Hub in the taxation agenda in Asia and the Pacific and it will also serve as a platform for all stakeholders to conduct strategic dialogue under the Tax Hub and identify its priority areas.
The target audience includes heads of tax policy and administration agencies from ADB’s members. Senior representatives from development partners International Monetary Fund (IMF), Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), and World Bank, ADB staff, and other stakeholders will be invited to contribute to panel discussions.
ADB President Masatsugu Asakawa will deliver the welcome remarks and keynote address, and Vice-President Bambang Susantono will deliver the closing remarks. This event is being coordinated by the Tax Hub Secretariat. See more in the agenda.
How to register
Registration links will be sent to nominated persons, ADB staff, and selected stakeholders. Interested parties may register to join the conference.
Event organizers / partners
ADB in partnership with the following:
- Department of Finance, Philippines
- Department of Fiscal Policy of the Ministry of Finance, Sri Lanka
- Department of Treasury, Papua New Guinea
- Federal Board of Revenue, Pakistan
- General Department of Taxation, Mongolia
- Inland Revenue of Malaysia
- Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore
- Ministry of Finance, Thailand
- National Tax Agency, Japan
- Pacific Islands Tax Administrators Association
- Tax Service of the Republic of Armenia
- International Monetary Fund
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- World Bank