In this period of global uncertainty, renewal and recovery in Asia and the Pacific will depend heavily on effective collaboration, knowledge sharing, and collective decision making. ADB’s 2021 Knowledge Forum brings together international leaders, industry experts, academics, government knowledge professionals, international finance institution partners, and ADB staff to share tools, systems, and processes to improve development work and drive positive change. Engaging stories about and reflections on best practices, effective problem solving, management of trade-offs, and ADB’s ongoing knowledge management reforms will show how knowledge works best through connected, diverse, and committed communities. The forum will have public and private sessions. Public plenary sessions, expert talks, and selected sessions are open to all. The private sessions are for ADB employees (including staff, consultants, and contractors).
The forum will bring together knowledge experts and practitioners from a range of institutions, including international organizations, the private sector, academia, international nongovernment organizations, and ADB staff. The institutions include the World Health Organization; the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization; Columbia University; Stanford University; and McGill University, among others. The forum will closely collaborate with ADB Institute to ensure that its good practices are shared.
- Honorable Fiamē Naomi Mataʻafa, Prime Minister, Samoa
- Ban Ki-moon, Chair, Ban Ki-moon Foundation for a Better Future; Secretary-General, United Nations (2007–2016)
- Masatsugu Asakawa, President, Asian Development Bank
- Dr. Soumya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist, World Health Organization
- Mariana Mazzucato, Professor, Economics of Innovation and Public Value Department, University College London (UCL); Founding Director of the UCL Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose
- Roshaneh Zafar, Managing Director, Kashf Foundation
- Andre Viljoen, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director, Fiji Airways
- Sarah Chen, Co-Founder, The Billion Dollar Fund for Women and Beyond The Billion
- Dr. Maya Shankar, Senior Director of Behavioral Economics, Google; Founder and Former Chair of the White House Behavioral Science Team
- Ede Ijjász, CEO, Eigen Impact Consulting; Former Senior Director, Sustainable Development, Infrastructure, and Climate, World Bank
- Ed Hoffman, Academic Director, Master of Science in Information and Knowledge Strategy Program, School of Professional Studies, Columbia University; CEO, Knowledge Strategies LLC; and former Chief Knowledge Officer, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Patricia Eng, Principal, KM/HR
- Karl Kendrick Chua, Secretary, National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA), Philippines
- Nerrisa Esguerra, Director, Development Information Staff, NEDA
- Ajit Sharma, Global TEDx Ambassador, India
- John Sweeney, Futurist
- Riel Miller, Head, Futures Literacy, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
- Mary Ann Tsao, Chair and Founding Director, Tsao Foundation
- Patrick Lambe, Founding Partner, Straits Knowledge
- ADB experts and many more
For the full list, see the registration page.
How to register
All ADB employees (staff, consultants, contractors) need to register using the ADB employee ticket. For non-ADB participants, please register with a public ticket.
The registration page will require all participants to create a Hopin account to get into the event page. Once you are registered, you will be able to access the Knowledge Forum site on 29 September–1 October 2021. Slots are limited, so please register early.
Why Hopin? Hopin lets us broadcast our content to external and internal audiences. It can record all events for on-demand sharing. The live events allow for group breakouts, where attendees can gather around virtual roundtables and collaborate. Networking features let us network, connect on social media and in real time just like we would at an in-person event.
Virtual attendance is free.
Event organizers / partners
- Susann Roth, Advisor and Head, Knowledge Sharing and Services Center, Sustainable Development and Climate Change, ADB
- Vivek Raman, Principal Knowledge Sharing and Services Specialist, Knowledge Sharing and Services Center, Sustainable Development and Climate Change, ADB