Time of Event
15:00 – 17:00 Tokyo time
ADBI has observed the 25th anniversary of its founding as the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) Tokyo-based think tank under the theme Toward Sustainable and Inclusive Economic Development in Asia and the Pacific. This virtual celebratory event highlighted ADBI’s knowledge contribution and next steps to help ADB developing member countries address sustainability challenges and accelerating socioeconomic transition.
The event featured senior policy makers and experts. It included a high-level panel discussion on the journey and impact of ADBI’s knowledge support for development in Asia and the Pacific, and a policy dialogue on innovative approaches for promoting post-pandemic sustainability.
The event concluded with a session for the winners of the ADBI 25th anniversary essay contest, who shared new ideas on forward-looking economic development policy.
- Highlight ADBI research, capacity building, and outreach milestones in supporting Asia and the Pacific’s economic development
- Discuss innovative policy strategies and approaches for promoting a more prosperous, resilient, and inclusive regional economy
- Spotlight the views of young scholars on onward sustainable development priorities in the Asia and the Pacific
- Government officials from Asian Development Bank member economies
- Experts from think tanks, universities, and international organizations
- Stakeholders, media, and other interested members of the public
- Greater understanding of ADBI’s knowledge contribution to developing economies in Asia and the Pacific
- Identification of recommendations for ADBI’s future research, capacity building, and outreach topics and activities
- Recognition of new policy proposals from ADBI 25th anniversary essay contest winners