The Network of Asian River Basins Organizations (NARBO) initiative was first announced at the 3rd World Water Forum in March 2003, and was officially established in February 2004 to promote integrated water resources management (IWRM), and strengthen the capacity of River Basin Organizations (RBOs) and related departments or institutions in the Asia monsoon region.
With rapid economic growth and rising demand to secure water quality and quantity in many Asian countries, smooth coordination among stakeholders has become more important than ever. The phrase “Water Security in Asia and the Pacific,” hardly encapsulates the variety and complexity of issues involved. Lack of knowledge sharing and sustainable management of water-related facilities are just the tips of the iceberg.
- a study visit concerning good management of water infrastructures;
- a thematic workshop on promoting IWRM in Asia; and
- discussions on the organizational operation of NARBO.
- water governance from the perspective of water resources management;
- sustainable operation and maintenance of water related facilities;
- the water-food-energy nexus in Indonesia; and
- promotion of IWRM.
To seek better ways to contribute to achieving IWRM, one of the targets under the Sustainable Development Goal on water and sanitation, by reviewing NARBO’s past activities and discussing water security issues being addressed by NARBO member organizations in Asia.
Officials of government agencies concerned with water resources management in Southeast Asia.
Active participation in all sessions.
- Enhanced understanding the importance of IWRM by discussing current water security problems in Asia;
- Sharing of best practices and applications related to IWRM;
- Better collaboration among officials and organizations involved with water resources management and expansion of networks to include other international development organizations such as the World Bank and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA); and
- Presentation materials and other documents uploaded on the ADBI website.
How to register
By invitation only.
ADB (SDCC), Japan Water Agency (JWA), Ministry of Public Works and Housing of Indonesia, Jasa Tirta 1 Public Corporation(PJT1) and Jasa Tirta 2 Public Corporation(PJT2)
Time of event
09:00 - 18:00Stay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.