Time of event
10:00–15:15 Sri Lanka time
13:30–18:45 Japan time
The conduct of monetary policy is increasingly challenging for emerging Asian economies due to the effects of COVID-19, unconventional monetary policies in advanced countries, volatile capital flows, volatile commodity prices, and the spillover effects of trade conflicts.
This ADBI-Central Bank of Sri Lanka-Asia-Pacific Applied Economics Association (APAEA) virtual workshop featured new research papers that examine monetary policy, banking and finance, and central banking imperatives across developing Asia and the Pacific.
- Assess the impact of monetary policy in Sri Lanka and other emerging Asian economies
- Spotlight key monetary policy challenges in the region
- Central bankers and other government officials
- Experts from think tanks, academia, and international organizations
- Interested members of the public
- Enhanced understanding of factors affecting the conduct of monetary policy in emerging Asian economies
- Improved dialogue and support for monetary policy development and research
- Presentations and related materials to be made available on the ADBI website
- Featured research papers will be considered for publication in a special issue of an SSCI-listed journal
- Central Bank of Sri Lanka
- Asia-Pacific Applied Economics Association