As development in Asia accelerates, governments must invest more in infrastructure to ensure continued economic growth. The Asian Development Bank report, Supporting Quality Infrastructure in Developing Asia, emphasizes the importance of the Group of Twenty’s (G20) Principles for Quality Infrastructure Investment for sustainable development and recovery. Quality infrastructure growth is a complex process that requires the application of such principles in project design, planning, construction, operations, and management.
This ADBI E-Learning Course will draw on the ADBI Press book, Principles of Infrastructure, and provide case studies and best practices from Japan and worldwide in applying principles for quality infrastructure development in Asia. Topics include project conceptualization, motivation, acceleration, and potential slowdown factors, as well as project types, investment plans and their stakeholder effects, operational management, and international cooperation
The course requirements include five video-based modules to completed during 25 September–15 October 2023:
Module 1: Principles for Infrastructure Development
Module 2: Infrastructure Commercialization and Business Entity
Module 3: Infrastructure Planning and Decision-Making
Module 4: Infrastructure Operations and Maintenance
Module 5: International Cooperation for Infrastructure Development
Upon completion of the modules, the course convenors will review performance and select qualified participants to join a kick-off meeting on 16 October 2023 and a virtual policy workshop as panelists or discussants on 9 November 2023. Participants will be asked to present country case studies.
- Explore approaches for planning and implementing large-scale public infrastructure and overseas development assistance
- Highlight principles for developing quality infrastructure across the different stages of a project
- Discuss policy strategies and responses
- Selected government officials responsible for policy formulation and evaluation in Asian Development Bank developing member countries
- Enhanced understanding of infrastructure systems and principles for developing quality infrastructure in Asia
- Greater capacity among government officials and partners to support quality infrastructure growth