ADBI Featured Speaker Webinar: Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas Governor Benjamin E. Diokno on Financial Digitalization and Inclusive COVID-19 Recovery
21 April 2021
Time of Event
11:00-12:00 Manila time / 12:00–13:00 Tokyo time
This ADBI Featured Speaker Webinar presented Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas Governor Benjamin E. Diokno, who discussed financial digitalization and inclusive COVID-19 recovery strategy with ADBI Dean Tetsushi Sonobe and a panel of experts.
Governor Diokno described the Philippine central bank’s roadmap for overcoming pandemic shocks and building a stronger, more technologically advanced, and more inclusive economy.
The discussion was followed by an audience question and answer session.
About the Speaker
Benjamin E. Diokno was appointed Governor of the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) in March 2019.
Governor Diokno previously served as the Secretary of Budget and Management of the Philippines from 2016-2019 and from 1998-2001. He also served as Undersecretary of Budget and Management of the Philippines from 1986-1991 and taught economics for over 40 years.
He holds a PhD in economics from Syracuse University, an MA in political economy from Johns Hopkins University, and master’s degrees in public administration and economics and a BA in public administration from the University of the Philippines.
- Explore central bank challenges and opportunities for advancing sustainable and inclusive COVID-19 recovery
- Spotlight the Philippine central bank’s vision for harnessing digitalization amid the pandemic and beyond
- Examine emerging digital economy risks and central bank risk mitigation imperatives
- Policy makers; experts from think tanks, universities, and international organizations; media; and interested members of the public
- Greater understanding of the role of central banks in catalyzing inclusive and sustainable post-COVID-19 development
- Enhanced awareness of Philippine central bank strategy for addressing financial digitalization and related risks, against the backdrop of the pandemic
- Webinar recording to be made available on the ADBI website
Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas