Time of event
Day 1: 11 May 2018 (9:00–16:45)
Day 2: 12 May 2018 (10:20–14:50)
Financial inclusion and financial literacy are becoming mainstream aspects of policies for inclusive and sustainable growth in emerging economies. Deepening financial markets and expanding financial access, either by developing innovative institutions or technologies, require concomitant development and extensions of financial regulation to ensure financial stability and protection of financial service users. Improvements in financial literacy can enable households and small firms to take better advantage of increased access to financial services and products, and can also lead to higher savings and diversification of assets.
Infrastructure investment is another crucial aspect of inclusive and sustainable economic development in emerging Asian economies. Missing infrastructure in the form of roads, railways, and utility systems not only reduces the quality of life for billions of people but also makes firms less competitive by increasing transaction costs and lowering productivity. Indeed, the literature shows broad agreement with the idea that infrastructure matters for growth and productivity.
Disseminate research by ADBI staff and organize discussion platforms for financial inclusion, financial literacy, and infrastructure development to identify policies that support inclusive and sustainable growth in the region. Sessions will cover the following topics:
- Financial literacy in Japan: determinants and impacts
- Impacts of financial literacy on loan demand of financially excluded households in the People’s Republic of China (PRC)
- Road infrastructure, market integration, and productivity: evidence from the PRC’s manufacturing sector
- High-speed rail, market access, and economic growth
- Microfinance programs and women’s socio-economic empowerment: new evidence from the rural middle hills of Nepal
- Quantile regression analysis of the impacts of financial literacy and digital finance across the wealth distribution in the PRC
About 40 participants.
How to register
By invitation only
International Business School Suzhou (IBSS) at XJTLUStay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.