Time of Event
16:00–17:30 Tokyo time
Held during the 2022 World Conference on Transport Research (WCTR) Virtual Meeting, this ADBI-WCTR session examined global international high-speed rail (HSR) policy and project experiences and lessons learned to support HSR network development in Asia.
The session explored HSR network extension, urban development, and their impacts, with a focus on megaproject governance pertaining to HSR projects in Europe. It also discussed HSR policy and development projects in India, Japan, and the Republic of Korea.
The session included English-Japanese simultaneous interpreting.
- Exchange knowledge and experience for building national HSR networks in Asia
- Highlight policy and project approaches to facilitate HSR development
- Government officials from ADB member economies
- Representatives from HSR operators in Asia and Europe
- World Conference on Transport and Research Society members
- Experts from think tanks, universities, and international organizations
- Greater awareness of global HSR network development policy and project experiences
- Enhanced capacity for HSR policy decision making
- Action plan for the next WCTRS Session in 2024
- Chubu University
- Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies
- World Conference of Transport Research Society