ADB’s Office of Anticorruption and Integrity (OAI) has launched a technical assistance (TA) that aims to strengthen the capacity of Non-Banking Financial Institutions (NBFIs) to implement international standards in relation to Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT).
In partnership with the Anti-Money Laundering Council of the Philippines and the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, OAI is conducting the AML/CFT Workshop for Money Service Businesses in the Philippines.
At the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Understand the anti-corruption activities of the Office of Anticorruption and Integrity, ADB
- Understand the concept of money laundering and the salient features of the Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2001, as amended, and its Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations
- Explain the concept of customer due diligence (CDD), its requirements and application and the different levels of CDD and the specific processes/issues related to them
- Identify covered and suspicious transactions
- Explain record-keeping requirements, AML reporting procedures, and salient features of BSP Circular No. 950 entitled, "Updated Anti-Money Laundering Rules and Regulations"
- Understand National Risk Assessment, structure and functions of the BSP’s Anti-Money Laundering Specialist Group (AMLSG)
Participation from selected money service business is by invitation only.Stay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.