This regional conference will feature recent issues affecting social protection in developing economies and showcase successful stories from countries with advanced social protection systems. APSP 2016 will tackle the relevance of social protection in the newly adopted Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and the need for financing comprehensive social protection systems. The week-long event will also touch on emerging areas of social protection that are not yet widely discussed like social protection for informal workers and the role of ICT in social protection delivery.
At the end of APSP 2016, participants will have:
- gained knowledge on emerging issues and new initiatives on social protection
- learned key elements for ensuring successful social protection programs
- engaged with peers on strategic directions and development pathways to ensure that future investments on social protection are comprehensive and sustainable
- created a venue for South-South Cooperation on Social Protection
- Government representatives
- Private companies involved in social protection services delivery
- Civil society organizations
- Development organizations
APSP 2016 will invite thought leaders in government and development arenas, program heads, and champions of social protection within Asia and the Pacific region as well as experts from other regions.Stay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.