The Asia Pacific Social Protection Week 2019 (APSP 2019), a regional knowledge sharing event, will discuss challenges and opportunities to expand social protection in Asia and the Pacific region in response to demographic shifts and achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. The program will cover important issues such as social assistance, sustainable financing, pension reforms, aging and elderly care, climate change and disaster resilience, use of digital technology for service delivery, and the roles of government leaders and development agencies.
At the end of APSP 2019, participants will have:
- shared knowledge on emerging challenges and opportunities that affect the future of social protection in the region
- learned key elements for ensuring successful social protection programs
- used the venue to promote cooperation on social protection among developing countries
- built alliances and networks to strengthen social protection in Asia and the Pacific region
- Government representatives
- Development organizations
- Private companies involved in social protection services delivery
- Civil society organizations
APSP 2019 will invite thought leaders in government and development arenas, program heads, and champions of social protection from within Asia and the Pacific region as well as experts from other regions.
Event organizers / partners
ADB's Social Development Thematic GroupStay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.