ADB’s flagship economic publication Asian Development Outlook (ADO) provides a comprehensive analysis of macroeconomic issues in developing Asia. It is launched annually in April and updated in September. The ADO Update examines the prospects for developing Asia by subregion: Central Asia, East Asia, South Asia, Southeast Asia, and the Pacific. The report also presents full analysis of ten economies, including the People’s Republic of China and India.
This year’s ADO Update theme chapter, Maintaining Stability Amid Heightened Uncertainty, explores the macroeconomic policy tools Asian economies can deploy to combat evolving vulnerabilities.
The ADO presentation by ADB Chief Economist Yasuyuki Sawada addressed:
- Economic prospects for developing Asia and the Pacific
- Key risks to the region’s outlook
- Implications of trade policy tensions for Asian economies
- Pockets of vulnerability building up in the wake of the global financial crisis
- Measures governments can take to maintain macroeconomic stability