Time of Event
12:00-13:30 Colombo time
14:30-16:00 Manila time
15:30-17:00 Tokyo Time
A side event of the 55th Asian Development Bank (ADB) Annual Meeting, this ADBI-Ocean Policy Research Institute webinar will highlight key takeaways from the new book Blue Economy and Blue Finance: Towards Sustainable Development and Ocean Governance.
The authors will discuss climate change and healthy ocean-related issues such as ocean and coastal development and management, governance, and innovative ocean financing, drawing upon the book’s country case studies.
The launch of the book, which complements ADB’s Action Plan for Healthy Oceans 2019-2024 and Ocean Financing Initiatives, will be followed by a policy dialogue with government officials from Asia and the Pacific and researchers, as well as an audience question and answer session.
- Spotlight findings from the book Blue Economy and Blue Finance: Towards Sustainable Development and Ocean Governance
- Examine policy actions and innovative strategies for boosting sustainable ocean and coastal development, and ocean financing
- Exchange knowledge and best practices on mitigating environmental risks and natural capital losses and achieving sustainable ocean and coastal management
- Policy makers and government officials from Asian Development Bank member economies, with a focus on Small Island Developing States and coastal countries
- Experts in ocean and climate change-related fields from think tanks, universities, and international organizations
- Stakeholders in the fields of sustainable ocean and coastal development
- Interested members of the public
- Identification of effective policy strategies for advancing blue finance and environmental sustainability
- Greater understanding of sustainable ocean and coastal development and management policy priorities
- Free download link for the book Blue Economy and Blue Finance: Towards Sustainable Development and Ocean Governance
- Presentation materials from the webinar to be uploaded to the ADBI website
- Ocean Policy Research Institute, Sasakawa Peace Foundation