Calendar of Events
Learn more about ADB events.
- 26 September 2016 Current Economic Issues in Asia Auditorium Annex 1 & 2, ADB HQ, Manila, PhilippinesThis policy dialogue will promote discussion among gov. officials, experts and members of the ADBI Advisory Council and to the sharing of policy insights and country experiences related to the impact of the current monetary environment.
- 27 September 2016 Asian Development Outlook 2016 Update Launch 9:30 a.m., Foreign Correspondents’ Club, 2 Lower Albert Rd, Central, Hong Kong, ChinaThis page provides access to the video stream of the Asian Development Outlook 2016 Update launch on 27 September 2016 in Hong Kong. This year’s theme is Meeting the Low-Carbon Growth Challenge.
- 27 - 30 September 2016 National Health Insurance for Universal Health Coverage Meeting ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesADB in partnership with the ADB Institute will convene this meeting to learn from countries on maximizing the use of a national health insurance system to attain universal health coverage.
- 5 - 6 October 2016 Good Jobs for Inclusive Growth in Central and West Asia ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThe workshop provides an occasion for key consultants and ADB/ADBI staff to present findings for the study Good Jobs for Inclusive Growth in Central and West Asia, take stock of those findings, and review the progress of the study.
- 19 - 20 October 2016 Asia-Pacific Summit on Low Carbon Technology: Building Partnerships for Low Carbon Technology Promotion Changsha, Hunan Province, People’s Republic of ChinaThe Asia-Pacific Summit on Low Carbon Technology will showcase global, regional, and country success stories and experiences in promoting the development and deployment of low carbon technologies.
- 19 - 20 October 2016 Micro, Small, and Medium-Sized Enterprises’ (MSMEs’) Access to Finance in a Digital Finance Era ADBI, Tokyo, JapanThis project brings together practitioners and researchers to address the two main challenges—information asymmetry and collateral shortage—faced by MSMEs when applying for a bank loan.
- 24 - 28 October 2016 Singapore International Energy Week 2016 Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands, SingaporeSIEW brings together the world’s leading conferences, exhibitions, workshops and networking events from across the energy spectrum of oil & gas, clean and renewable energy and financing - in one week, in one location.
- 26 - 27 October 2016 Services Trade and Regulatory Reforms in Asia: In Search of a Comprehensive Approach Kolkata, IndiaA workshop for government officials and experts to share policy insights and country experiences related to barriers, challenges, and opportunities of services trade as a catalyst for structural transformation in Asia.
- 15 - 16 November 2016 Aging in Asia Kitakyushu, JapanThis activity is related to inclusive and sustainable growth as well as the need to maintain fiscal sustainability. Its aim is to guide the further development of policy responses to aging in Asia.
- 22 - 24 November 2016 First Green Business Forum for Asia and the Pacific ADB Headquarters, Manila, PhilippinesADB will host its first Green Business Forum for Asia and the Pacific on 22-24 September 2016 to share knowledge on promoting green business solutions in the region.
- 1 - 2 December 2016 ADBI Annual Conference 2016: The Implications of Ultra-Low and Negative Interest Rates for Asia ADBI office, Tokyo, JapanADBI’s annual conference promotes debate of issues related to monetary policy, foreign exchange rate policy, and macro prudential policy.
- 4 - 7 May 2017 Yokohama 2017: 50th Annual Meeting of the Asian Development Bank Yokohama, JapanThe Government of Japan will host ADB's next annual gathering in the city of Yokohama. The meeting will be held from 4 to 7 May 2017.
- 23 September 2016 Seminar: Pension Reform—A Comparison of Civil Service Pension Reforms in the Republic of Korea and Japan ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 22 - 23 September 2016 Workshop on International Standards and Conventions Relating to Temporary Admission New Delhi, India
- 20 - 21 September 2016 Structural Transformation and Inclusive Growth ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 19 - 21 September 2016 2016 ADB International Skills Forum: Innovative Practices in Skills Development ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
- 12 - 16 September 2016 ADB Transport Forum 2016 ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
- 8 - 9 September 2016 The 9th Seoul International Competition Forum and the 12th East Asia Top Level Official’s Meeting on Competition Policy Kensington Hotel Yoido, Seoul, Korea
- 7 September 2016 2016 ADB Trade Finance Program (TFP) Award Ceremony and Global Launch of ADB Trade Finance Gaps Study Raffles City Convention Centre, Singapore
- 6 September 2016 Better Engagement with Civil Society Organizations (CSOs): An Open Forum ADB headquarters, Manila, Philippines
- 6 - 7 September 2016 The 5th Water Loss Asia 2016 Conference and Exhibition Jakarta, Indonesia
- 5 - 6 September 2016 2016 Forum of the Standing Committee on Finance: Financial instruments that address the risks of loss and damage associated with the adverse effects of climate change ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
- 5 - 9 September 2016 Asian Evaluation Week 2016 Xi’an, People’s Republic of China
- 31 August 2016 Energy Access and Energy Poverty: Concepts and Insights on Measurements ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
- 29 August - 2 September 2016 Deep-Dive Lateral Learning Program on Inclusive Energy Solutions Melbourne Business School, The University of Melbourne
- 28 August - 2 September 2016 World Water Week: Eye on Asia Stockholm, Sweden
- 23 - 24 August 2016 Global Shocks and the New Global and Regional Financial Architecture Singapore
- 17 - 19 August 2016 Joint Training Program on Economic Corridor Development for Competitive and Inclusive Asia Singapore
- 17 - 18 August 2016 Obesity in Asia and the Pacific: Facts, Prospects, Consequences, and Policies for Better Health Koror, Palau
- 10 - 12 August 2016 4th Asian Youth Forum ADB headquarters, Manila, Philippines
- 10 - 11 August 2016 Project Financing and Sustainable Development of Railway Infrastructure Bangkok, Thailand
- 8 August 2016 Uncovering Monetary Transmission Mechanisms in Low-Income Countries ADBI, Tokyo, Japan