As the first international forum on low carbon technologies in the Asia-Pacific region hosted by the Government of Hunan Province and the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the Asia-Pacific Forum on Green and Low-carbon Development has been successfully held for five years, since 2016, and has become a flagship event for policy dialogue, business cooperation and knowledge sharing on low carbon development. This year, the 2022 Forum will be held in Changsha from 14 to 16 September, with the theme of Carbon Peaking and Neutrality for Our Green Future. The forum aims to explore the strategies and pathways of achieving carbon peaking and neutrality by policy and financial support, institutional strengthening and technological innovation. To fully vitalize this academic exchange platform, we are seeking papers on carbon peaking and carbon neutrality to be presented in the forum proceedings, in collaboration with the international journal Carbon Neutrality.
Carbon Peaking and Neutrality for Our Green Future
Paper topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Energy Transition
- Decarbonization and Climate Change Mitigation
- Digitalization Supporting Carbon Reduction
- Frontiers and Trends in Low Carbon Technologies
- Low Carbon Cities
- Climate Investment and Financing
- Low Carbon Industrial Park and Industry 4.0
- Climate Change Adaptation
- The papers shall be in English or Chinese (please note that the special issue of the forum will only include papers in English).
- Submission of a paper implies: that the work described has not been published before, that it is not under consideration for publication or presentation anywhere else, that it is original without any intellectual property disputes.
- Please format and reference your paper according to the submission guidelines of Carbon Neutrality (Journal website)
- Please indicate the name of author, organization, position, telephone number, e-mail and address.
Submissions are due no later than 30 July 2022.
Please send your paper as an attachment to the Forum Secretariat’s email. The subject of the email should be “Paper submission for 2022 Asia Pacific Forum on Green and Low-carbon Development”. The filename should be in the format of title-name of author-organization.
Review and approval
The organizing committee office will invite experts to review the papers and authors of part of winning papers will receive formal invitations to deliver a speech at the 2022 Forum before 30 August 2022. The forum will cover the flight and hotel costs.
The papers will also be considered for publication in a special issue of the journal Carbon Neutrality (ISSN: 2731-3948). Carbon Neutrality is an international, multi-disciplinary open access journal in the areas of low carbon science, technology, and policy. The APCs are fully covered by Shanghai Jiao Tong University. The journal aims to publish advanced and up-to-date original research and review papers with highest quality in the low carbon field, to promote information and knowledge exchange on the frontier scientific research, and to contribute to the sustainable development of the world.
The organizing committee office will recommend selected English papers to Carbon Neutrality, which will be published upon acceptance by the journal.