You are invited to a workshop titled “Civil Society Engagement for Development Effectiveness”, jointly organised by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB).
The event will demonstrate how multilateral development banks (MDBs) can work more proactively with civil society organisations (CSOs) and the local communities they serve, as well as strengthen their staff’s capacity to mainstream civil society engagement in their work.
The workshop will cover themes that will provide staff with important information, skills and tools to work with CSOs and ensure long-term sustainable development in their developing member countries.
The MDBs’ will present their engagement frameworks, as well as examples of projects and programs for mainstreaming Civil Society Engagement during consultations, project design and implementation.
- Enhance knowledge, skills of staff and institutional capacities of the MDBs about civil society engagement
- Share good practices where the citizen/civil society/community engagement improve project’ preparation and execution.
- Share approaches to mainstream CSOs in development and humanitarian initiatives
- Determine how, when and on what to build in terms of Civil Society Capacity as a stakeholder of MDBs
Multilateral development banks staff
How to register
Event organizers / partners
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
- Islamic Development Bank (IsDB)