Time of Event
Day 1: 09:00-13:00 Tokyo time
Day 2: 09:00-12:50 Tokyo time
Day 3: 13:00-18:30 Tokyo time
Decades of strong growth in Asia and the Pacific may help economies in the region recover more swiftly from the COVID-19 pandemic, but uneven recovery threatens to undermine hard-won poverty reduction and will require new ways to achieve inclusive and sustainable prosperity after the pandemic. This is particularly true for rural localities where economic opportunities, aspirations, and policy support remain lacking.
This ADBI conference featured new research on advancing post-COVID-19 rural economic transformation in Asia. It focused on related drivers, opportunities, challenges, and impacts.
- Spotlight contemporary analyses on improving the well-being of Asia’s rural households following the COVID-19 pandemic
- Distil policy lessons for boosting rural transformation in the region
Policy makers and researchers from think tanks, universities, and international organizations
- Evidence-based insights on post-COVID-19 rural transformation in Asia
- Greater understanding of policies that could be undertaken to improve the well-being of rural households
- Research presented during the conference will be considered for publication in an Economic Analysis and Policy journal special issue