Sound macroeconomic policies, political stability, and strategic geographical location have had a positive impact on the social economy, as has a favorable demographic composition. However, economic growth has also led to longer lifespans and greater demand for quality health care services. Now, there is a need for governments to prepare and create robust systems in anticipation of the inevitable shift in the demographic configuration. Countries in the region have already started introducing their own social security systems. The World Health Organization estimates that average total health care expenditure per capita in ASEAN is now at US$501, about 4 percent of GDP per capita. However, there is still much to be done and fundamental questions on coverage, funding, and disbursement need to be better planned and implemented.
To discuss and share knowledge on:
- Sustainable provision of universal health care;
- Pensions including policy coverage, fiscal measures, and potential sources of revenue;
- Technical aspects such as policy formulation, projection modelling, and technical analysis of the flow of funds; and
- Risk identification and budgeting efficiency.
Officials of the ministries of finance or other bodies concerned with health care and pension systems in ASEAN countries.
Participants are expected to attend and actively participate in all sessions.
- Shared knowledge and experiences on developing social spending systems, particularly in formulating health and pension schemes
- Key lessons and best practices learned from challenges and constraints faced
- Case studies of successful initiatives and programs
- Technical information on forecasting and modelling demand for services
- Presentation materials and other relevant documents for upload to the ADBI website.
How to register
By invitation only.
Directorate General of Budget, Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Indonesia
Time of event
9:00 - 18:00Stay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.