The Asian Development Bank (ADB), in partnership with the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office of the United Kingdom, and the Green Climate Fund, is organizing a high-level event with partners and governments to discuss critical actions needed to finance a green recovery in Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) developing member countries after the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
The event will also announce four new cofinancing partners and their support for an ASEAN Green Recovery Platform, through the ADB-managed ASEAN Catalytic Green Finance Facility (ACGF), that will develop and finance green infrastructure projects that align with the ambitions of the Paris Agreement, aspiring to use $665 million of development funds to catalyze $7 billion for green infrastructure across ASEAN.
- Discuss how programs and activities by major development partners can be leveraged to support ASEAN developing member countries catalyze financing for Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) as part of their COVID-19 recovery efforts
- Launch the ASEAN Green Recovery Platform with co-financing and Southeast Asian government partners
- Bring together donor governments, including UK, GCF, EU, France, and Italy to promote the ACGF and the Green Recovery Platform
15 (in-person); Online (open to the public)
- Masatsugu Asakawa, President, ADB
- James Cleverly, Minister of State, Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, Government of the United Kingdom
- Sri Mulyani Indrawati, Governor for the Republic of Indonesia in the Asian Development Bank, and Minister of Finance, Indonesia
- Arifin Tasrif, Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, Indonesia
- Koen Doens, Director-General, Department for International Partnerships (DG INTPA), European Commission
- Grace Fu, Minister for Sustainability and the Environment, Singapore
- Yannick Glemarec, Executive Director, Green Climate Fund
- Remy Rioux, Chief Executive Officer, AFD
- Dario Scannapieco, Chief Executive Officer and General Manager, CDP (Italy)
- Satvinder Singh, Deputy Secretary-General for ASEAN Economic Community, ASEAN
- Ramesh Subramaniam, Director General Southeast Asia Department, ADB
- Anouj Mehta, Unit Head, Green and Innovative Finance and the ASEAN Catalytic Green Finance Facility, Southeast Asia Department, ADB (Coordinator)
How to register
Registration is closed.
View the recording on YouTube.
Event organizers / partners
- Asian Development Bank
- Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office of the United Kingdom
- Green Climate Fund