Free webinar jointly organized by the Trade and Supply Chain Finance Program (TSCFP) of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) with the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) and the World Wild Fund for Nature (WWF).
The webinar is aimed at compliance and regulatory experts of participating banks of the ADB’s TSCFP, and all ACAMS members. The event will introduce tools and initiatives that financial professionals can support to increase detection of illegal wildlife trade (IWT), such as the ACAMS WWF Ending Illegal Wildlife Trade Professional Certificate Course, which is already adopted by the ADB’s TSCFP participating banks.
The introductory seminar will discuss typologies and money laundering, and trade-based money laundering trends linked to the illegal wildlife trade (IWT), as well as practical examples of how governments, the private sector and civil society can tackle IWT through targeted investigations.
Issuing and confirming partner banks of ADB’s Trade and Supply Chain Finance Program, ACAMS members, and ADB staff
Introduction and scene-setting by moderators
- Nana Khurodze, Investment Specialist, Private Sector Financial Institutions, Asian Development Bank
- Dr. Scott Grob, AML Director, ACAMS (the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists)
- Livia Esterhazy, Chair of the WWF Asia Pacific Growth Strategy and CEO of WWF New Zealand.
Trends and Typologies in Financial Flows from Illegal Wildlife Trade in East and Southeast Asia
- Julian Newman, Campaigns Director, EIA (Environmental Investigation Agency)
- Sharon Pamplona, Head of Financial Crime and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO), ANZ Bank Hong Kong
- Ben Brock, Wildlife Crime Analyst, TRAFFIC
Trade-based Money Laundering and IWT
- Gary J. Wilson, Senior Vice President and Country Head of Financial Crime Compliance, Thailand, Standard Chartered Bank (Thai)
- Joseph Simms, Attaché to Hong Kong, U.S. Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)
- Brian Gonzales, Head of Protection of Endangered Species, WWF Hong Kong / WWF Asia Pacific Counter-Illegal Wildlife Trade Hub
Introduction to Identifying the Ultimate Beneficial Owners: International Standards and Practices
- Lisa D. Kelaart-Courtney, Director, Office of Anticorruption and Integrity, ADB
- Siritut Wiwek, Senior Investigator, International Cooperation Division, Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) of the Royal Thai Government
How to register
Register now to join via Zoom.
Event organizers / partners
- Trade and Supply Chain Finance Program (TSCFP) of the Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- World Wild Fund for Nature (WWF)