Human impact on our planet is unprecedented. Long-term changes to the Earth’s environment and climate systems are significant. Air pollution and climate change pose an enormous challenge. More and more countries and global institutions now understand that air pollution is a modern scourge in developing countries, killing more people than war, preventing economic development, and creating dangerously unhealthy urban populations. The World Health Organization (WHO) says that more than 1 in 10 deaths a year across the world are now associated with air pollution, from both household and outdoor sources, and 85% of people worldwide are exposed to pollution that exceeds WHO air quality guidelines for fine particulate matter.
This project aims to highlight issues related to globalization, environment, and climate change, and to explore institutional, legal, and financial mechanisms that may help reduce emissions and create a sustainable development module.
The following topics will be investigated:
- Trade, environment and climate change
- International investment, environment, and climate change
- International migration and environment
- Conferences and workshops with experts, academics, and policy makers
- An edited volume published by ADBI or one of ADBI’s publishing partners or contributions to a refereed journal
How to register
ADBI, World Economy, and researchers affiliated with Asian and global think tanks or universities will be involved in implementing this project.
Time of event
Day 1: 09:00 - 20:00
Day 2: 09:00 - 17:40