Time of event
09:30–13:35 Tokyo time
The acceleration of digitalization in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic is increasing the need for a governance paradigm shift to address related transition challenges such as changing business models, skills demand, and social protection needs, especially among developing and emerging Asian economies.
Co-organized by ADBI, the Financial Services Authority of Indonesia, and South East Asian Central Banks Research and Training Center, this summit explored governance approaches for building a sustainable digital ecosystem. The focus was on holistic leadership and policies that can facilitate digitalization while minimizing the risks.
- Examine digitalization, its economic, financial, and social impacts, and shifting governance imperatives
- Promote holistic leadership and policy development and implementation for realizing sustainable digitalization in developing Asia
- Government officials from Asian Development Bank member countries, business and financial practitioners, and interested members of the public
- Enhanced understanding of digitalization adaptation challenges and governance solutions
- Greater knowledge and skills exchange between government officials and stakeholders
- Financial Services Authority of Indonesia
- South East Asian Central Banks Research and Training Center