Time of event
Good governance and effective public management are essential for country and sector development. The message of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) Asia 2050 report is clear—better governance is key to determining whether a developing member country (DMC) can accelerate development and inclusive growth, and is instrumental to strengthening local institutions and reducing poverty.
ADBI has teamed up with ADB’s Governance Thematic Group and the Korea Development Institute to organize the Forum on Governance and Institutions as a platform for senior DMC officials to discuss governance and public sector management. The forum’s focus will be on state-owned enterprise (SOE) reform and corporate governance. The forum will take a twin-track approach: component 1 (day 1) will focus on the overall context of governance and public sector management in which SOE reforms and issues of corporate governance feature, and component 2 (days 2 and 3) will include an SOE-specific skills development program tied to discussions on day 1.
- Promote discussion and share policy insights and country experiences on SOE reform and corporate governance among government officials and experts
- Build the capacity of officials to design and implement innovative approaches to SOE reform and corporate governance
- 20 government officials from Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, the People’s Republic of China, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, the Philippines, Uzbekistan, and Viet Nam
- 15 ADB staff members from resident missions and HQ, most of whom will be involved in SOE reform in the above countries, will join the skills development component
- Better appreciation of overall trends in corporate governance and SOE reform
- Understanding of the scope of ADB efforts in SOE reform and corporate governance
- Appreciation of the legal implications of work related to addressing corporate governance weaknesses
- Ability to ascertain red flags in SOE operations, and knowledge of how to approach them
- Development of professional networks and linkages among practitioners and policy makers in specific areas of corporate governance and SOE reform
How to register
By invitation only
ADB’s Governance Thematic Group and the Korea Development InstituteStay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.