Workshop on Integration of Renewable Energy in Energy Systems: Perspectives on Investment, Technology, and Policy
22 - 23 April 2020
ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
Time of event
Day 1: 09:00–17:00
Day 2: 09:30–14:00
Pressing environmental, social, and political challenges are accelerating Asian economies’ transition towards a resilient energy system. While the cost-competitiveness of solar and wind energy continues to improve, renewable energy consumption remains constrained by the lack of policies, technologies, and infrastructure necessary to manage intermittent renewable energy generation.
This workshop will examine renewable energy integration in energy systems. A focus will be on challenges such as the intermittency of renewable energy that make balancing the energy system problematic and can impose a significant burden on power systems or other problems. Examples include economies that have curtailed renewable energy.
The workshop will also explore energy infrastructure, such as energy storage technologies, that could support stable, reliable, and sustainable renewable energy. An emphasis will be on policies that address technological, financial, policy, and market barriers to integrating renewable energy.
- Stimulate policy dialogue, research, and discussions on the integration of renewable energy in energy systems
- Examine related economic issues, policy and regulation, governance, and case studies
- 40 participants expected, including policy makers, researchers, and experts
- Research paper presentations on advancing renewable energy integration in energy systems
- Research papers presented at the workshop will be considered for inclusion in a special journal issue or edited book
How to register
Observers from overseas are welcome on a self-financing basis.
To ensure the health and safety of event participants as the new coronavirus situation develops, registrants will be required to complete health clearance procedures and, depending on the result, may be refused entry to the event venue. The health clearance procedures are subject to change. Related questions may be directed to the event contact(s) above.
Click here for ADBI’s address and directions.