Time of Event
Day 1: 09:30 – 17:00 AEDT
Day 2: 09:30 – 17:00 AEDT
Day 3: 09:30 – 17:00 AEDT
A sustainable ocean-based economy is crucial for global growth and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. However, despite evolution in marine biotechnology, renewable energy, and ocean governance, significant development gaps and inequality persist within the sector, particularly in Small Island Developing States and other coastal developing countries.
Co-organized by ADBI, the Australia National Centre for Ocean Resources and Security, and the Ocean Policy Research Institute of the Sasakawa Peace Foundation, this conference will address ocean equity challenges and explore innovative, inclusive, and sustainable policy solutions for respective countries and regions. The conference will feature research paper presentations, a policy dialogue between government officials and experts, and a knowledge fieldtrip on ocean governance.
- Examine innovative strategies and policy actions for boosting sustainable ocean and coastal development and ocean financing
- Provide a platform to exchange views and share key research findings on sustainable and equitable ocean-based economic development in Small Island Developing States and coastal regions
- Discuss the concept of ocean equity, incorporating the contribution of women, youth, and indigenous communities in advancing innovation, science, and governance for ocean development in Asia and the Pacific
- Government officials from Asian Development Bank member economies, with a focus on Small Island Developing States and coastal countries
- Experts from universities, think tanks, and international organizations
- Enhanced understanding of climate change mitigation and women’s economic empowerment in ocean governance
- Identification of effective policy strategies for advancing environmental sustainability
- Greater impetus for dialogue and collaboration among government officials, academia, and international partners
- Research papers featured during the conference to be considered for publication as ADBI working papers or policy briefs or inclusion in a book or scientific journal
- Conference materials to be uploaded on the ADBI website
How to Join
By invitation or prior arrangement with ADBI.
- Ocean Policy Research Institute, Sasakawa Peace Foundation
- Australia National Centre for Ocean Resources and Security, University of Wollongong