Conference on Investments in Startups and Small Business Financing
29 - 30 January 2020
ADBI, Tokyo, Japan
Time of event
Day 1: 09:00–18:00
Day 2: 09:00–16:40
The capacity of startups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to support economic growth and job creation in Asia and the Pacific continues to lag given the hesitance of many lenders and investors to provide them funding due to risk assessment difficulties and the absence of a robust venture capital market in the region.
The recent Basel Capital Accord III has made startup and SME capital access even more challenging by inhibiting banks from extending long-term credit to businesses. These barriers are compounded by the risk-averse environment in most Asian countries and raise the need for new and innovative means of acquiring funds that reduce investment risk while increasing the rate of return.
Co-organized by ADBI and the Korean Credit Guarantee Fund, this conference will spotlight breakthrough methods to improve startup and SME financing access such as credit guarantee schemes and evaluate their efficacy.
- Evaluate new methods for delivering private investment to startups and easing SME financing access in Asia and the Pacific
- Explore startup and SME investment schemes, the role of governments, and application of technology
- Examine credit guarantee schemes and other emerging startup and SME financing tools
40-50 government officials and policy experts and researchers from think tanks, academia, and international organizations
- Exchange of ideas and experiences on advancing private financing for startups and SMEs in the region
- Enhanced understanding of startup and SME financing best practices
- Publication of ADBI working papers and a possible edited book
How to register
By invitation or prior arrangement with ADBI. At this time, attendance capacity has been reached. Registration is now closed.
To ensure the health and safety of event participants as the new coronavirus situation develops, registrants will be required to complete health clearance procedures and, depending on the result, may be refused entry to the event venue. The health clearance procedures are subject to change. Related questions may be directed to the event contact(s) above.
Click here for ADBI’s address and directions.
Korean Credit Guarantee Fund (KODIT)