ADBI-OECD-ILO Report Launch: Labor Migration in Asia: Impacts of the COVID-19 Crisis and the Post-Pandemic Future
27 April 2021
Time of event
09:00 Paris time / 14:00 Bangkok time / 16:00 Tokyo time
This webinar featured insights from a new report by ADBI, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), and International Labour Organization (ILO) that details how COVID-19 has changed Asia’s labor migration landscape.
ADBI, OECD, ILO, and Asian Development Bank (ADB) experts shared Labor Migration in Asia: Impacts of the COVID-19 Crisis and the Post-Pandemic Future, which provides new labor migration data and gauges the pandemic’s implications for labor mobility and policy in the region.
They also described the report’s assessment of medium- and long-term factors that will shape migration in Asia, the role of digitalization in facilitating effective migration management, and ways to adapt measures to post-COVID-19 socioeconomic conditions and build back better.
The discussion was followed by an audience question and answer session.
- Examine the new report Labor Migration in Asia: Impacts of the COVID-19 Crisis and the Post-Pandemic Future
- Spotlight new labor migration data and the pandemic’s effects on labor mobility and policy in the region
- Discuss recommendations for strengthening migration management as a mechanism for enhanced social protection and COVID-19 recovery
- Policy makers, researchers, the private sector, journalists, students, and interested members of the public
- Greater awareness of COVID-19’s impacts on the labor migration landscape in Asia
- Improved understanding of the outlook for labor mobility and policy in the region
- Identification of measures for building effective migration management, social protection, and COVID-19 recovery
- International Labour Organization
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development