ADBI–WCTRS Webinar Series on High-Speed Rail: Land Use-Transport Interactions of High-Speed Rail Development
15 May 2020
Speaker: Francesca Pagliara
Affiliation: University of Naples Federico II
Time: 16:00–17:30 (Tokyo time)
This webinar will feature Dr Francesca Pagliara of the Polytechnic School of the Basic Sciences at the University of Naples Federico II in Italy. Dr Pagliara will discuss her work on the wider socioeconomic impacts of high-speed rail (HSR) on mobility choices, mega cities, temporary offices, land prices, and equity issues. Drawing upon her experience in residential and employment location choice modelling, she will share insights about land use and transport interactions for inter-regional accessibility enhancements achieved through HSR development.
About the Speaker
Dr Pagliara is an Assistant Professor of Transportation Engineering at the Polytechnic School of the Basic Sciences at the University of Naples Federico II. She is also an Adjunct Professor at Beijing Jiaotong University’s School of Economics and Management. She previously worked at the Transport Studies Unit of the University of Oxford and the Institute for Transport Planning and Systems of ETH in Zurich. She also worked at David Simmonds Consultancy.
Dr Pagliara has been a visiting professor at the University of Southampton, University of Madrid, University of Wuhan, University of Valencia, Technical University of Munich, University of Castilla-La Mancha, University of Las Palmas, and Beijing Jiaotong University. She has a PhD in road infrastructures and transportation systems from University of Naples Federico II.
- Policy makers and planners, researchers, and academics working on, or interested in, high-speed rail, land use, and transport interactions, and regional and urban economics.
- Better knowledge and understanding of:
- HSR’s wider socioeconomic impacts on mobility choices, mega cities, temporary offices, land prices, and equity issues
- Residential and employment location choice modelling
- Land use and transport interactions in the context of HSR development
- Enhanced dialogue among senior officials and experts on key HSR development issues
How to register
World Conference on Transport Research Society (WCTRS)