This webinar comprises five sessions:
- Trends and challenges in MSME development and access to finance: lessons from the Asia SME Monitor 2020, which summarizes key findings from the ASM 2020 Volume I;
- National efforts to scale up MSMEs and challenges, which discusses selected governments’ efforts to develop the MSME sector and their policy frameworks in 2019-2020 (before and during the COVID-19 crisis);
- Enhancing MSME access to finance – diversification of financing models, which discusses central banks/financial authorities’ efforts to enhance MSME access to finance and their financial inclusion roadmaps, addressing digital financial services solutions and new financing modalities amid the virus pandemic;
- Policies and regulations to support MSMEs in the new normal, which summarizes key findings from the ASM 2020 Volume II; and
- Panel discussion – policy actions in the new normal, which discusses how governments coordinate ongoing MSME policies and what policy approaches and actions would be required after the COVID-19 or under the new normal.
This seminar aims to
- Demonstrate key findings from the Asia Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Monitor 2020 Volume I: Country and Regional Reviews and Volume II: COVID-19 Impact on Micro, Small, and Medium-Sized Enterprises in Developing Asia;
- Discuss national efforts to develop the MSME sector and enhance access to finance; and
- Explore policy actions to support MSMEs in the post-COVID-19 or the new normal.
The seminar expects the participation from government authorities responsible for MSME development and access to finance, central banks, financial authorities, financial institutions serving MSMEs, business associations and networks, academia/researchers/ experts in the field of MSME development and finance, bilateral and multilateral organizations, and ADB staff responsible for MSME projects.
Please see agenda.
How to register
This event is by invitation only.