ADB's Jesus Felipe is author of the "Key Indicators for Asia and the Pacific 2013" special chapter: "Asia's Economic Transformation: Where to, How and How Fast?" The report was published on 21 August.
Mr. Felipe will be online to discuss the report and the challenges for developing Asian nations as they seek to emulate the wealthy economies of Asia, such as Japan; Korea; Hong Kong, China; and Singapore. Share your views and join the global discussion on:
- What are the key trends in Asia's rapid economic transformation?
- Is industrialization a necessary path to prosperity for Asian countries?
- What roles are services and agriculture playing in economic diversification?
- Will past patterns of structural change in Asia repeat themselves?
- What can Asia's developing economies do to promote growth and diversification?
- How important is quality education for economic diversification?
Jesus Felipe is Advisor to the Chief Economist in ADB's Economics and Research Department. He has held academic positions with the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and with the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta. Mr Felipe's research interests include inclusive growth, the dynamics of structural change, industrial policy, the functional distribution of income, business cycles, and the path of profit rates. He holds M.A. degrees from the International University of Japan and from the University of Pennsylvania, and a Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania.Stay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.