ADBI-Bank Indonesia-APAEA Joint Workshop on Monetary Policy, Banking and Finance, and Central Banking
8 October 2020
Time of event
09:00–15:15 Indonesia time
11:00–17:15 Japan time
The conduct of monetary policy is increasingly challenging for emerging Asian economies due to the effects of COVID-19, unconventional monetary policies in advanced countries, volatile capital flows, volatile commodity prices, and spillover effects of trade conflicts.
This ADBI-Bank Indonesia-Asia-Pacific Applied Economics Association (APAEA) virtual workshop featured new research papers that examine monetary policy, banking and finance, and central banking imperatives for Indonesia and across developing Asia and the Pacific.
- Assess factors affecting the conduct of monetary policy in emerging Asian economies
- Explore how monetary policy transmission can be improved
- Central bankers, think tank researchers, and academics.
- Greater understanding of current monetary policy challenges in developing Asia and the Pacific and strategies for addressing them
- Presentation slides to be made publicly available online
- Research papers featured during the workshop will be considered for publication in a special issue of an SSCI-listed journal
- Bank Indonesia
- Asia-Pacific Applied Economics Association