Time of event
Rapid economic growth in Indonesia has increased demand for infrastructure in recent years. However, the country's infrastructure development has been slow to meet increasing demand in both quality and quantity. This is partly because the regulatory framework for infrastructure development has not yet been fully developed. To build large-scale infrastructure such as railways, roads, and ports, a well-designed and coherent regulatory system is necessary. Given that any regulatory reform requires much negotiation, the development challenge facing policy makers in Indonesia is not easy.
Furthermore, policy makers have to deal with infrastructure financing. Although capital is abundant in the global market, not enough of it is flowing into developing countries such as Indonesia with perceived higher risks. To tackle this, more effective policy measures should be devised to reduce and mitigate investment risks. In this regard, public-private partnerships (PPPs) and revenue-based loan (RBL) modalities are worth exploring.
Against the background, the workshop will focus on PPPs and RBL modalities to promote infrastructure development. This training workshop will bring together government officials from Indonesia involved in infrastructure financing and development, and PPPs, as well as prominent experts both from international organizations and academia. Experts in project financing, infrastructure development, and regulatory reforms will present case studies and lead discussions. Invited Indonesian policy makers will share their experiences in managing infrastructure development in Indonesia.
- Promote discussion among government officials and experts, and share policy insights and country experiences related to infrastructure development through PPPs and RBL modalities
- Build the capacity of officials to design and implement innovative approaches to infrastructure development through PPPs and RBL modalities
- About 30 Indonesian policy makers with relevant experience in infrastructure development
- Experts from international organizations and academia
- Shared knowledge and experience in responding to the challenge of infrastructure development through PPPs and RBL modalities
- Good case examples of effective policies for infrastructure development through PPPs and RBL modalities in Asia
How to register
By invitation only
Office of the Presidential Advisory Council of the Republic of Indonesia (WANTIMPRES)Stay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.