The Regional Seminar on Gender Equality in Climate Change and Disaster Risk Management: Weathering an Uncertain Future is designed to build capacity of senior government officials and ADB staff associated with implementing ADB-financed loan projects in climate-resilient agriculture, natural resources management, environmental protection, and infrastructure development; clean energy production and consumption; and disaster risk management. It is part of a series of capacity building events to promote the contribution of ADB operations to DMCs’ commitments to gender equality and women’s empowerment.
The objectives of the regional seminar are to:
- expand participants’ knowledge on global gender-inclusive climate change policy framework and financial mechanisms;
- showcase national climate change policies as well as climate adaptation and mitigation programs that invest in training, employment, entrepreneurship and leadership of women to build climate-resilient environments and communities;
- promote collaboration between climate change experts, senior government officials, ADB sector staff and gender specialists to increase gender equality results while reducing climate change impacts in the Asia Pacific region.
About 100 participants from the Asia Pacific region will participate in the regional seminar including:
- 35 senior government officials from 22 member countries from ministries of planning; finance; agriculture; environment and natural resources management; energy; infrastructure; urban development; and disaster management; and
- ADB gender specialists and sector staff from ADB Headquarters and Resident Missions.
Lead thinkers and practitioners from ADB and its development partner organizations including government agencies, national and international NGOs, research institutes, academia, and financing institutions will speak on climate change mitigation and adaptation, resilience building and disaster risk management. Please refer to the agenda for the full list of resource speakers.
How to register
Strictly by invitation only
ADB covers travel and accommodation expenses of traveling participants and resource speakers.
Event organizers / partners
ADB, in collaboration with the Korean Women’s Development InstituteStay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.