Time of Event
15:00-16:00 Tokyo time
This webinar highlighted key takeaways from the new report Strengthening Active Labor Market Policies to Drive an Inclusive Recovery in Asia. The editors and a panel of contributors discussed the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on employment among vulnerable groups in developing Asia and the importance of overcoming related barriers to boost access to decent work and socioeconomic wellbeing.
The authors also highlighted the report’s policy recommendations for strengthening active labor market policies, including technical and vocational education and training, and building a skilled workforce to drive an inclusive and sustainable economic recovery.
- Overview the new report Strengthening Active Labor Market Policies to Drive an Inclusive Recovery in Asia
- Discuss barriers to decent work across the region
- Explore policy options for building a skilled workforce after the COVID-19 pandemic
- Policy makers from Asian Development Bank member economies
- Experts from think tanks, universities, and international organizations
- Interested members of the public
- Free download link for the report Strengthening Active Labor Market Policies to Drive an Inclusive Recovery in Asia
- Better understanding of youth employment and the role of technical and vocational education training programs in upskilling and preparing youth for better jobs
- Greater impetus for knowledge sharing and collaboration to enhance active labor market policies in Asia and inclusive recovery