Time of event
India’s government has announced plans to adopt Japan’s shinkansen technology for the high-speed rail (HSR) project between Mumbai and Ahmedabad. As public and private entities work together in this project, JR East is providing technical support based on its extensive experience as a shinkansen operator.
The proposed research and capacity development activities will cover topics such as (i) institution building and staff capacity development; (ii) station development; (iii) intermodal transfer, tariff setting, and revenue; (iv) construction management; (v) environmental management; (vi) land acquisition for infrastructure investment; (vii) land-lease and land-trust laws, policies, and regulation laws; and (ix) coordination with regional and local governments.
- Promote discussion among government officials, industry experts, and researchers to share policy insights and country experiences on the planning, implementation, and operation of HSR in Asia.
- Enhance capacity and increase knowledge among senior officials and experts on key issues related to the planning, implementation, and operation of HSR in Asia.
15 senior officials from government and industry who are experts in their field, university faculty members, and researchers
Actively join discussions and share views and experiences
- Better knowledge and enhanced capacity in the following:
- Land acquisition for infrastructure investment
- Land-lease and land-trust laws
- Laws, policies, and regulation laws, and identifying gaps among them
- Financing arrangements, tariff setting, and revenue
- Construction management
- Environmental management
- Station development
- Institution building and staff capacity development
- Coordination with regional and local governments
- Enhanced dialogue among senior officials and experts on key issues related to the planning, implementation, and operation of HSR in Asia
How to get there
How to register
By invitation only