The Japan Economy (JEN) network was established in July 2015 to promote research on the Japanese economy in comparative perspective and facilitate exchange between researchers with an active interest in the Japanese economy. The JEN is an informal network open to researchers from the academia, think tanks, international organizations, central banks, governments, nongovernment organizations, and the private sector. The JEN is hosted by the SOAS University of London’s Department of Economics. The second Annual Conference of the Japan Economy Network will be hosted by ADBI in Tokyo in September 2017. The special conference theme is: Japan and the Asian Economy.
To present the latest economic research on the interdependence between Japan and other economies in the Asian region relating to:
- Monetary and fiscal policy
- Exchange rate policy
- Development of the Japanese banking system
- Perspectives on potential output
- Consequences of demographic change
- Labour markets
Approximately 50 participants including programme committee members, invited speakers, and other resource persons who will comment on the various draft reports, and a broader audience of officials and academics.
- Shared knowledge on the interdependence between Japan and other Asian economies; and
- A platform to promote ADBI as a think tank to a new audience while promoting ADBI research.
SOAS University of London and Japan Economy Network (JEN)
Time of event
Day 1: 9:30 - 18:00
Day 2: 9:00 - 18:05