Seventh GMS Economic Corridors Forum (ECF-7)
11 June 2015
Kunming, People’s Republic of China
The Sixth Economic Corridors Forum (ECF-6) held on 8 August 2014 in Ha Noi, Viet Nam with the theme “Developing Economic Corridors through Transport and Trade Facilitation & Economic Zones”, marked the first full 6-year cycle of hosting of the ECF by the GMS countries as the main advocate and promoter of GMS economic corridor development since its establishment in June 2008. ECF-6 provided a good opportunity to reflect upon the ECF’s actual contributions and experience and to chart its future steps so that it can more effectively shepherd economic corridor development in the GMS.
The Seventh GMS Economic Corridors Forum (ECF-7) is being organized with the forward-looking results of ECF-6 and the fresh directives emanating from the 5th GMS Summit providing clear directions towards a more-focused and revitalized approach to GMS economic corridor development as it enters a new cycle. The theme of ECF-7 is “Fostering Pragmatic Cooperation towards the Future of GMS Economic Corridors”.
- Review the implementation of the GMS Economic Corridor Strategies and Action Plans, assess the gaps, and consider measures to address remaining challenges moving forward;
- Consider new approaches for a sharpened focus on economic corridor development including a pilot initiative on corridor section-specific concept plans as bases for preparing more detailed economic development action plans and investment programs;
- Discuss enhanced approaches to Transport and Trade Facilitation; and
- Consider emerging areas and platforms for enhanced cross-border cooperation and private sector participation, including urban development and development of Special Economic Zones and e-commerce.
Participation is by invitation only.
Ministers from GMS countries; senior officials (national coordinators); other officials from concerned ministries/agencies; local and provincial authorities; ADB officers/staff; representatives from the private sector including the GMS Business Forum, and development partner organizations.
- Preparatory Senior Officials Meeting, 10 June 2015 (Kunming, PRC)
- Governors’ Forum, 10 June 2015 (Kunming, PRC)
- GMS Economic Corridor Week, 10-13 June 2015 (Kunming, PRC)
- GMS Commodity Trade Fair, 12-16 June 2015 (Kunming, PRC)