COVID-19 has had a devastating impact on families, businesses, and lives throughout Southeast Asia. But hope is on the horizon. With widespread vaccine distribution planned in 2021, countries can now intensify their focus on post-COVID-19 recovery.
How can Southeast Asian nations most effectively revitalize businesses, create sustainable job opportunities, and position themselves for inclusive and robust recovery? How can they harness “Big Data” and new technology to support growth? How can they ensure that recovery is environmentally and fiscally sustainable? How can countries better ensure widespread vaccine access, which will be essential for sustainable pandemic recovery?
At SEADS 2021 leading global thought leaders will discuss ways to join forces and harness innovation to address the COVID-19 crisis. The two-day virtual event will feature keynote addresses by government and industry leaders; high-level panel discussions; the launch of an in-depth ADB study on COVID-19 recovery; final “Shark Tank” pitches and announcement of the ADB COVID-19 hackathon winner; and special partner deep diver workshops.
Over 3,000 participants from governments, the private sector, academia, think tanks, and NGOs are expected. Media are also welcome to attend.
- Masatsugu Asakawa, President, ADB
- Carlos Dominguez, Governor for the Republic of the Philippines, Asian Development Bank; Secretary, Department of Finance, Philippines
- Indranee Thurai Rajah, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office; Second Minister for Finance; Second Minister for National Development, Singapore
- Budi Gunadi Sadikin, Minister of Health, Indonesia
- Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana, United Nations Under-Secretary General; Executive Secretary, UNESCAP
- Dr. Jerome Kim, Director General, International Vaccine Institute
- Richard J. Hatchett, CEO, Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations
- Jacquelline Fuller, President, Google.org
- Ming Maa, President, Grab
- Ahmed M. Saeed, Vice President, ADB
- Ramesh Subramaniam, Director General, Southeast Regional Department, ADB
- Dr. Ayesha Khanna, Co-Founder and CEO, ADDO AI
- Audrey Choi, Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Sustainability Officer, Morgan Stanley
- Dr. Suresh Jadhav, Executive Director, Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.
- Sherry Madera, Chief Industry and Government Affairs Officer, London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG)
- Melati Wijsen, Founder, Bye Bye Plastic Bags
How to register
For more details regarding registration and general details, please visit the SEADS website.
Event is free of charge.
Event organizers / partners
Join SEADS 2021 on Social Media