Time of Event
16:30-17:30 Tokyo time
This webinar will highlight key takeaways from a new special issue of the journal Review of Development Economics on rural and agricultural development in the digital age, edited by Wanglin Ma, Andy McKay, Dil Rahut, and Tetsushi Sonobe.
Papers in this special issue investigate the impacts of the adoption and use of information and communications technology (ICT) (e.g., internet, smartphones, and e-commerce) on economic outcomes, such as productivity growth, income growth, poverty reduction, rural economic transformation, rural migration and employment, the empowerment of different demographic groups, and financial inclusion.
The findings provide insights into boosting sustainable rural and agricultural development in the digital age.
- Highlight the importance of ICT in supporting sustainable agricultural and rural development
- Discuss the key findings of papers in the journal special issue
- Policy makers, researchers, practitioners, and students
- Improved understanding of the role of ICT in supporting sustainable rural and agricultural development
- Enhanced awareness of the journal special issue
- Lincoln University, New Zealand
- University of Sussex, United Kingdom