Time of Event
17:00–18:00 in Tokyo
09:00–10:00 in Milan and Rome
This webinar will mark the handover of the Group of Seven’s (G7) official think tank engagement group, the Think7 (T7), from Japan to Italy.
It will explore how T7 Japan, chaired by ADBI, has supported policy discussion under Japan’s 2022 G7 presidency by stimulating greater coordination and cooperation among the global research community to bridge policy gaps.
This webinar will also highlight the outlook for the T7 process, being chaired by the Italian Institute for Political Studies International (ISPI) and Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI) as part of Italy’s 2024 G7 presidency.
- Discuss T7’s role and development
- Explain how participation from institutions based outside the G7, attention to developing country issues, and coordination with Think20 (T20) can strengthen the T7 process and its impacts
- Outline the T7 Italy agenda and priorities
Policy makers, experts from think tanks, universities, governments, international organizations, and media
- Greater understanding of T7 and its future direction
- Enhanced support for T7 development
- Improved T7-T20 collaboration
- Identification of experts interested in participating in the T7 process
- Italian Institute for Political Studies International (ISPI)
- Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI)